Cosmetic Acupuncture (also know as Facial Rejuvenation) is an anti-aging method which restores and enhances facial skin and muscle health. It is gentle and safe making it an ideal natural solution for radiant glowing skin.
Treatment can eliminate fine lines, soften deeper wrinkles and improve muscle tone. It reduces acne, scarring and hyper-pigmentation, lifts sagging areas and leaves your face radiant and glowing. Underlying causes of health disharmony and aging are addressed, allowing a treatment which boosts the health of your whole body.
Our goal with facial acupuncture is to get your internal health as strong as possible while also working to reduce or even eliminate the unwanted signs of aging on your face.
How does Cosmetic Acupuncture work?
Specific points of the face and neck are targeted and very fine specialised facial needles are inserted, creating a microscopic needle point or ‘wound’ in the skin. The body then responds to this, creating collagen bridges between each pinpoint, rejuvenating the skin.
Samford Acupuncture has a unique approach to cosmetic acupuncture, working on 4 different levels:
1. Total wellbeing – Your constitutional pattern, overall health disharmonies and causes of aging are assessed and treated.
2. Blood circulation – Facial blood circulation is enhanced which re-oxygenates the facial cells bringing a glow to the face.
3. Skin and soft tissue – Facial skin and soft tissue is targeted to stimulate collagen and elastin production. This eliminates fine lines, softens deeper wrinkles and creates firmness in the skin.
4. Muscles – The muscle layer is targeted using motor points, which tighten, lift and tone facial muscles which have sunken or sagged
Benefits of Cosmetic Acupuncture
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Increases smoothness and improves skin texture
- Improves skin tone by balancing out surface irregularities due to aging
- Reduces hyper-pigmentation caused by sun damage
- Reduces poor size
- Reduces symptoms of acne
- Reduces appearance of scars
- Increases firmness and tightness in the skin
- Improves laxity and lifts the skin
- Relaxes tight muscles (wrinkles)
- Activates muscles that have become flaccid (sagging)
Cosmetic Acupuncture Can Treat So Much More
As well as the cosmetic benefits, working with acupuncture on the face and neck aid other conditions:
Pain in the jaw or neck, jaw muscle stiffness / locking of the jaw, chronic headaches, ear pain or pressure in the ears, a bite that feels off, dizziness or visual problems can be symptoms of TMJ disorder. Acupuncture works by increasing circulation, and relaxing &/or toning facial muscles with the addition of head and neck points, therefore TMJ can be reduced.
Bell’s palsy results when the nerve that controls the facial muscles is damaged, inflamed, swollen or compressed leading to mild facial weakness or total facial paralysis. Symptoms may include: drooping of the eyelid and corner of the mouth, drooling, dryness of the eye/mouth, impairment of taste, excessive tearing in one eye, pain or discomfort around the jaw or behind the ear, headache, impaired speech, dizziness, or difficulty eating and drinking. Acupuncture works to correct all these symptoms by stimulating motor points in the face and neck area.
Both teenage and adult acne, eczema and rosacea can be treated by combining facial acupuncture, body acupuncture to address the hormonal imbalance and LED light therapy technology. It’s a powerful treatment that can clear the skin and give you your confidence back.
Unique approach to Cosmetic Acupuncture
At Samford Acupuncture, Taryn has created a unique approach to Cosmetic Acupuncture. She combines the ancient wisdom of facial acupuncture, the latest in modern skin health technology and a whole body constitutional health treatment. Jade rollers, guasha and facial cupping techniques are added to create a relaxing and powerful treatment leaving you glowing from the inside out.